Jade de Klerk
- D.O.B.: 24/02/1999
- Player Type: Bowling All-Rounder (Spin)
- Placed: Saffron Walden CC
- Nationality: South African
- Playing Role: Right-handed Middle Order Batsman and Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
- Coaching qualifications: Cricket South Africa Level 1 (ECB Level 2 Equivalent)
- Current teams: Eastern Province (RSA Provincial),
- Entry route: International Sportspersons Visa
- Available: April to September
Jade de Klerk is a highly promising left-arm spinner and middle order Batsman from Port Elizabeth in South Africa. A player of real promise & identified from a young age, Jade has represented his native Eastern Province from the age of 12. A strike spinner for the Eastern Province U13 age group right through to the province’s Khaya Majola Coke Week teams in his late teens. His form at provincial age group level resulted in his selection for the South African U19 side at just 17.
Jade would go on to represent South Africa U19 on no less than 30 occasions, the 5th most in the country’s history for Youth ODI’s. In all, he collected 45 wickets for the SA U19 side across 26 ODI’s & 4 Youth Tests with a best of 5-32 (10) against Zimbabwe U19 in Jan 2017. His final appearance would be against England in July 2018.
Upon his return from the ICC U19 World Cup in February 2018, Jade would receive a call up to the Eastern Province First Class and make his debut against a strong Gauteng side. His debut would be a memorable one, scoring 24* and collecting 5-50 (25) & 3-29 (18.4) as Eastern Province rolled Gauteng by an innings.
Seeking his first journey to the UK in 2022 as a club professional, Jade will be a good pick up for any club seeking a young spin-bowling all-rounder looking to make his mark in the game and will be a real pleasure to have around he club as a stand up young man
|Saffron Walden CC||2022|
|South Africa U19||Career||30||22||74|